Saturday, June 7, 2008

AMY!!!! I need a towel!!!!

The pilot light on our water heater has not been working so Cameron ordered a new part and went to put it in last night. He did everything he was supposed to do, turned off the gas, made D'Laney and I go upstairs so we wouldn't get any fumes that might not have left the line, had everything within reach so he could change them out quickly...the only thing he didn't do was turn off the water and let the tank drain. I was upstairs and heard him screaming my name. I was scared to death, thinking that the tank had fallen on him or he was hurt some other way. When I sprinted down to the little bathroom where the unit is, there was water everywhere. Lots and lots and lots of water. 40 gallons worth of water was on the floor, the ceiling, the walls, my husband...it was awful! We finally got the water turned off and to stop gushing and got the part changed out pretty quickly, but we had quite a mess to clean up, including ourselves. We were soaked. Everything cleaned up pretty well, the floors aren't ruined and I don't think any paint is going to buckle, but it made for an interesting evening. I think poor Cameron is going to be hoarse for days!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha..that's so funny! But I bet not as fun to clean up! :0)

cls said...

Hey Amy! I actually "make" my blog designs using www.scrapblog.com. You should go check it out when you have A LOT of time on your hands...lol.

cls said...

Hey Amy, to make your picture on top fit the page, check "shrink to fit" on the box where you uploaded the image. :)