Tuesday, June 24, 2008

no six pack this week

Since it's already tuesday, and our entire week last week was spent at camp, I'm skipping my six pack this week.

Camp was great! Well, camp was hot and either D'Laney or I was sick almost the entire week, but other than that, it was great! D'Laney and I stayed at my MIL's in town, so we were able to get away from the heat. We swam one day in Nana's pool, but then D got sick. She woke up tuesday morning with a pretty high fever and just not feeling well. It peaked at 102.6 but I'm pretty sure it was a tooth coming in. It broke by tuesday night and never got above 99 on wed. but we didn't spend much time out at camp those 2 days. Then on friday, I came down with a terrible sinus infection. I have horrible allergies and the fact that it hasn't rained in months down there sure didn't help me any. Plus, all the buildings at the camp have that old moldy vap cooling, so I should have known I'd get sick. I stuck it out until saturday afternoon, but that's all I could take and we went home a day early. D'Laney is fine now, and I'm getting there, but it made for a short camp for us.
While we were out there, though, we got to spend time with a lot of family that we don't get to see very often. Cameron has two great aunts that are quite a pair. They argue like they're little kids and kept us in stitches all week. Cousin Amy got to stay with us at Barbara's and she and D'Laney got to be good friends. She's beginning to show and her little baby bump, well technically babies bump, is so cute...she carries pregnancy well. She was one of 4 preggos at camp, and one of 2 carrying twins, so next year there will be a lot of new little one's at camp. So far, the little grigsby boys will be way outnumbered by little girls, which they'll hate for about the next 15 years, then they'll love it!
Cameron's nephew Ryder was baptized Saturday night, about 3 hours after Cameron and I left. I'm so sad we missed it, but I'm so proud of him. Ryder is one of the most spiritual young men I've met, and I know he'll do great things in the church as he grows older and wiser. There were 17, I think, baptisms this year, so it was a great camp. I pray all these new christians are able to take the momentum from the week and take it into their home communities.
Well, that's a really long post and didnt' really say a whole lot, but since we missed so much of camp, there's not a whole lot to say. My camera died monday or tuesday, so I didn't even get many pictures, but I got a few.
Bible class...I could not get her to look at me.

Napping in the Boar's Nest...she'll do this for the rest of her life, or as long as the boar's nest stands!

Swimming at Nana's.

1 comments:

The Jones' said...

I enjoyed having her in class this year! She is such a happy and BEAUTIFUL baby! I think I have some pics of Miss D'Laney that I took in class. I will try to send them to you. Email me at sunnyrae1978@yahoo.com with your email address.

~Tressie