Sunday, June 29, 2008

sunday six-pack

  • Another week has come and gone, and it's not until I sit down to do these that I realize just how uneventful our life is! None the less, I'll start with the fact that no one in our house is sick anymore. My sinus infection is completely gone and D'Laney's runny nose is a lot less runny.

  • She does, however, have a new tooth poking through and about 3 or 4 more that are right on its heals. This one is on top and I think was why she hasn't felt well the last few days. Teeth definately change her smile. It makes her look less like a newborn. I kind of miss those big gummy grins.

  • Cameron was off yesterday and today. He works for 6 days and then is off for 2, and this week they just happened to fall on the weekend. It actually felt like a weekend for once. With his schedule, days and weeks kind of run together and we always feel out of whack. He has kind of kept D'Laney to himself, which has actually been really nice. And she is such a daddy's girl that she has just loved it. She's going to have a hard time tomorrow when he goes back to work.

  • D'Laney has found the cabinets and figured out how to open them. I designated one cabinet just for her that has all plastic stuff, tupperware, plastic mixing bowls, etc. That way she can have one place in the kitchen where she can play and make noise, but it's not very loud noise. So far that's the only one she's gotten into, mostly because it's the most accessable to her.

  • We went to a ranch rodeo in Bronte last night. I haven't been to one in years. They're much different than what comes to mind when you think rodeo. Events are all timed team events and include things that you'd actually do while working on a ranch, loading a calf on a trailer with just a horse and rope and no chute, tying one down to brand or doctor or something like that. Cameron's friends Matt Priddy and Chance Tatum were competing for Matt's family's ranch, and they did pretty good. I dont' think they won, but they did good.

  • At the rodeo, we finally got D'Laney on a horse. We've been wanting to get out to our ranch to introduce her to horses since she was born, we just haven't had a chance to yet. Cameron rode her around a little on Chance's really gentle dun, and she loved it. I loved it too. I happen to think my husband is a very sexy man, and on a horse, oh my gosh...on a horse with his daughter? I could barely contain myself. That is one good looking cowboy!!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

haha..it looks like D'Laney loved her first horseback ride too! I LOVE her face in the second picture..she's precious!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yes, I can already hear D'Laney's first sentence ... "Daddy, Will you buy me a horse?"

cls said...

First of all, that 2nd picture of your daughter is just wonderful! Second of all, do you have the data package on your Q? I'm with you - I only want it so I can text. Do you use email and the Internet? We're thinking about just buying the phone and not getting the $30 data package...that's kind of expensive once you add it all up. If you DON'T have the data package, are you satisfied?

cls said...

Lol, that's ok :)

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

haha yes it's on Bryan's side ... his twin bro and wife!

The Holik's said...

The second picture is priceless!!!

cls said...

Amy, I think that's an excellent idea about getting the belt ring for your mom. She will love it! And it's pretty well priced, too!

Amy said...

I miss y'all!