D'Laney and I are leaving for church camp in a couple hours, so I'm posting my six pack this morning:
- I unpacked our last box! Ok, not our very last box, we've still got cleaning stuff and mostly crap to throw away left, but all our clothes, towels, extra sheets, blankets, decorations... all that is done and put up! There are only a couple boxes left in the house, so it actually looks like home.
- My mom, sister, and sister-in-law-to-be came up from angelo friday morning. We spent the day shopping and just hung out for the rest of the evening. We love having company and entertaining, and now we've got the room for it. I have so much fun showing off our new house and giving a little bit of history on it. It probably bores whomever I'm talking to, but I still love it.
- This weekend is the Stanton Old Sorehead Trade Days. They've been setting up down town for it all week. My grandparents go to alot of these kinds of things, so they made the trip up yesterday as well. It was the first time they'd come to see our house. We didn't buy much, but there's another one in october that'll be great for christmas shopping.
- Cameron and I did a lot of yard work thursday while he was off. We were left with beautiful grass in our front yard, and just a little bit of watering got it really green and thick. We don't have any color from flowers, but it's too late into summer to really plant anything. Next year, though, I plan on having very colorful flowerbeds.
- Dustin and Amy's boys just keep getting good reports. Isn't the power of prayer amazing?! My cousin Jamie and his wife Lee Ann are also expecting a boy, and we got word yesterday morning that he was on his way. Lee Ann has been on bed rest the last few weeks and both she and the baby have been monitored very closely. Her due date was the 23rd, but sometime late last night, Tucker Lane Cauley made his grand entrance into this world. As far as we know, everything went well and both Tuck and Lee Ann are doing good!
- And finally, but definately most exciting, camp is just a few hours away! I'm so excited!! Since we don't have a camper or a cabin, we're staying at my mother-in-law's house. And dadgummit, she just happens to have a pool. It's really not fair, everyone else at camp will be miserably hot, but we'll be swimming the hottest times of day away. Even though this is Cameron's camp (he's only missed like 2 years his whole life) I feel just as much claim on it as he does. D'Laney will be the fourth generation on Cameron's side to attend the Pecos River Encampment, and I can't wait to get her there...we kind of like showing her off. It's a family camp, so ages 1 to 91 are there. So I better finish packing and get on the road! Have a blessed week!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment