Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a weekend!!

My friend Susan has this great thing on her blog where at the end of the week she posts her Friday Fave Five. She writes little notes about 5 good things that have happened over the week. I think it's a great idea, only I never feel like the week is over until sunday night. So I'm totally stealing her idea, only I'm going to do it on sundays and call it my sunday six-pack, cause I'm corny like that. So here is our first installment:

1. My cousin Landon is a junior at Grape Creek High School, and this past weekend his baseball team won the regional championship and are now headed to State!!! Almost the whole clan was in Brownwood for the games and Landon and the rest of the boys, including our cousin Jordan's BF Colton, who's family anyway, played great and run-ruled San Saba for the championship! Cadye and I both went to state when we were in school in track and basketball, and I can tell ya there is nothing like it. So congratulations, Landon and Colton, and good luck in Austin next week!!!!!


Colton, Landon, and the half of our family that was there!

2. Because we were going to the games with my parents, D'Laney and I stayed at their house Saturday night while Cameron had to stay home and work this weekend. We're all adjusting to being so far away from each other. Since I lived with them until I got married and then only lived a few minutes away, the distance is hard on all of us, but we're learning to get used to it. My parents love having D'Laney there (I guess they still kind of like me!) and she is very attached to them as well. I love that my parents are young grandparents because they can still crawl around on the ground playing with her and run around with her when that time comes. They are doing pretty good so far about not letting her get away with too much, like eating the newspaper.


3. We visited Southgate for church sunday, although that sounds so weird since it's been my church home for over 24 years. But now we're just visitors. It was great getting to see everyone, though, and D'Laney did look especially pretty this week.




4. Cameron's cousin Dustin and his wife Amy are expecting twins in November and they found out that they are boys!!! Praise the Lord, we need more boys! There are lots of little girls in our extended family and close friends. As with any multiples pregnancy, the next few weeks are crucial and I'd like to ask you to pray for Dustin and Amy. These are two very lucky little boys...


5. Church camp is only 2 weeks away!! This is always a busy time of year getting ready for camp, and I'm ashamed to say that Cameron and I have not been able to help get the camp grounds ready. Lots of people work very hard to make this wonderful camp happen.


6. D'Laney has learned "touchdown!" When ever we say it, she'll put both hands above her head, then clap and squeal...so proud of herself. She even tries to say it sometimes, at least I think she does. And she's started raising one hand like she's in school...I'm not sure what she's doing, but it's still funny. I love watching her figuring out how to use her body and what she's capable of. She's fascinated with her hands again, only this time it's the noises she can make with them...clapping, shaking things, hitting the table, hitting momma... She's quite a character.


Well that's it, my sunday six pack for the last week of may. Our life is very boring, so most weeks I will really have to stretch to get six things, but I'm sure D'Laney will provide plenty of entertainment, she always does. Have a blessed week!!

2 comments:

The Holik's said...

She is so pretty in her dress!!! How are y'all liking Stanton?

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I love the Sunday Six-Pack!! It's a great way to update and get everything in! Yes, D'Laney looks sooo pretty in her dress!