I have got some serious baby fever. I don't know why, but all of a sudden I'm so ready for the next one. I think because the plan was to get pregnant again sometime in 2009, and well, 2009 is here. I miss D'Laney being a baby. And I think she would love to have a little brother... Cameron said the other day we need to start saying the next one will be a boy, something about the power of positive thinking! I'm trying to combat this fever by remembering all the negative about my first pregnancy. I was very, very sick the whole time. I lost almost 30 pounds in the first few months before we got it under control. I was hospitalized for a week at around 6 months for a kidney infection. My hips and pelvic bone began making room at around 8 months, and I go to take a step and my leg would fall out of my hip socket and man did that hurt. And I was extremely, excruciatingly huge. I carried completely straight out in front of me, and the number of people that asked me if I was having more than one was in the dozens. XL maternity clothes were stretched to almost see through over my big belly. D'Laney was over 9 pounds, though, so all that I went through didn't hurt her any at all, and really, it wasn't that bad. I'd do it 10 times over. But for now, I'm telling myself how terrible it was and how awful I looked, and looking at these pictures to remind myself!
Even swimming did nothing to alleviate the weight or pain in my back and hips.

6 comments:
I know this isn't what you want to hear ... But you look great!!
Your baby fever is low grade compared to mine!! Some day mine will go down!! Someday!
Every now and then, I get a wave of baby fever too! I had a wonderfully easy pregnancy though, and I'm always scared the next one might not be so easy...The things you mentioned about your not so fun pregnancy reminded me of that!
And let me know how all that positive "boy" thinking and talking goes...I'm sure Blake will want to try that out when the time comes for Baby Dawson #2;)
Don't resist it! If you have another now, he'll be exactly one year younger than Eli and Landon. They need more cousins their age. And you were big, but you looked great!
Go for it and have lots of fun trying! Call me crazy but I sometimes find myself wondering what it would be like to have another little one!! Then I change a diaper, slap myself a few times and I no longer want another little one! At least for a few more months:)
Jason already has baby fever again!! And I have to admit, I kind of do too. :) But, then again, my pregnancy was really great. But Jason is a girl man now. He wants girls!! Well see!!
Amy-the want for another child will never go away. Even now knowing I cannot have one-I still want one. But you have to think about everything-will D'laney understand sharing mom right now?
Take a deep breath, and do what is healthiest for you and your family. You are young you have time. Time will come when you need more.Love ya Amber
Post a Comment