Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We have a job!

Cameron started welding again on Monday. Things are a little different this time around. Instead of being self-employed and contracting himself out (as well as paying self-employment taxes) he is an employee of a oilfield construction company that is owned by a good friend of his. The company provides the truck, welding machine, all the equipment, etc. All Cameron provides is the labor, and while they pay is less than a contracted welder, when you figure in expenses like truck payment, supplies, and then the whopping taxes, none of which we're responsible for anymore, we're more than likely going to be doing better than before. It's a win-win for us and the company. We have been so blessed. We had faith that God would provide something for us like He always does, and I think he rewarded that faith with this job. There will be a little bit of travel involved at the beginning, but it won't last long. We'll stay here in Stanton because this area is where the work is. And that's where this house is, and we'd sure hate to leave it.
I took D'Laney to see Dr. Patyrak yesterday. She had some chest congestion and was coughing, and I wanted to catch anything before it got too serious. I had bronchitis and pneumonia many many times as a kid, and Cameron had croup so often and so badly that he was hospitalized a couple times, so we wanted to stay on top of anything. She does in fact have bronchitis, although a pretty mild case of it, so we're on antibiotics for a few days and it should clear right up. I'm afraid that I'm catching it, though, I feel awful run down today. Hopefully I just haven't recovered from the holidays.

3 comments:

Laura said...

the Lord does provide! happy for you. we had a little case of the croup...yucky!

Angie said...

Yay...for you all!!! Hope little one feels better soon...and you too!!

Lindsey said...

Glad everything worked out for y'all! Hope D'Laney feels better soon!