I have been wanting to start menu planning for a while. It not only saves you from having to figure out what to cook each day, but it helps with grocery shopping, and if I'm not here, Cameron will know exactly what we have and what to fix. I think it's also going to help us start eating healthier. No more empty cupboards, let's just order pizza nights. There may still be a few, I'm too tired to cook, how about Sonic days, but we're working on those:) I made a menu today on scrapblog (I seriously love that thing!) and I'm about to fill out our first week! Since D'Laney isn't always eating exactly what we are yet, I'm going to have to separate hers from ours for a while, but I'm happy to report that her eating habits are improving daily, so hopefully I won't have to plan hers separately for much longer.
We'll see how it goes!


4 comments:
I do this! I usually make a 2 week menu and then make my grocery list from that. It saves us so much money, and I LOVE knowing exactly what I am having, instead of hunting for something to 'throw together.' Good luck! Cameron
I love scrapblog too! Good luck menu/meal planning; I try to stick to a 2-week schedule as best I can also! Although, we tend to still eat out a couple times a week. =)
I do this every week. I make out the menu for the week...and buy our groceries once a week. It is nice to already know what you are having!! Good luck with it!!
I wish I could do something like this ... but I rarely have supper with my hubby!! He is usally working!! Maybe someday when he settles down with a coaching job ... oh wait I still won't see him then either!! Oh well!!
Post a Comment