Friday, January 16, 2009

Ugh...

This day has majorly sucked. D'Laney didn't nap yesterday afternoon and finally crashed about 6 last night. I didn't think she'd be down for the night, but she was, only to wake up at 4 this morning. Bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to play. I had a really bad headache last night and the only Advil in the house was PM, so I was in a coma by 9:30, and the medicine did not wear off by 4. I vaguely remember making her some waffles and Cameron and I some cinnamon rolls, but I do remember making Cam some coffee because I burned my hand on the steam. After D'Laney finished and Cameron got off to work, around 5, I made sure D'Laney couldn't get into anything and was pretty occupied with her toys, and I got my pillow and lay down on the couch, not really caring if I dozed off. I kept the TV on, I can't sleep very deeply with it going, and sort of kept an ear on her while I slept. She played pretty well by herself until 7, then started whining, so we both went back to bed for about another hour and a half. Then she was up again and just now slowed down enough to take a nap. I think I'll probably nap as well, this headache is only slightly more dull than last night, and I just cannot function on so little sleep. So anyway, so far, today really sucks.


But enough of that, on to flashback friday. This picture is of all the Cauley grandkids. It was taken somewhere around 2000, I think, which puts me around 16. This is my grandparents back yard on my granddaddy's wagon. It is an authentic cowboy chuck wagon that he restored. He used to compete cooking out of it, but he hasn't done that in several years. We used to take pictures in front of it every year since long before I was born, but this was the last one we did for some reason. It's hard to get everyone together and when we do, someone always has to rush off as soon as the presents are opened or supper is over.

1 comments:

Shaunna said...

I've had that "ugh" feeling all week! I've just had kinda a "blah" attitude about everything! Maybe it's the weather????

Hope you headache gets better!