Saturday, January 17, 2009

A great day!!

As crappy as yesterday was, today more than made up for it. It was a wonderful day just hanging out with my little family. We slept until 9:30 or 10, then got up and went to town to eat "breakfast" at the Cracker Barrel. D'Laney and I had hair appointments at noon, so I got a little trim and my baby had her first hair cut! She was working on quite a mullet, so I decided the back needed to be worked on until the front could catch up. The girl that cut it is married to a guy that I grew up going to church camp at Blue Haven with, so we had a nice visit and I got to catch up on the Broyles boys. I charged my video camera to capture this momentous event in D'Laney's life, only I forgot to check the disc. Sure enough, it was full and we didn't get any of it on film. However, I did remember the little keepsake box that we had for her first hair cut. Luke's girlfriend, Sam, made a box when D'Laney was born that has a lot of smaller boxes in it to keep things like the first curl, first tooth, baby shoes and jewelry, etc. It's so cute and we just unpacked it a few weeks ago, so this is the first thing that we've actually put in it. D'Laney's hair looks good, it actually looks like it has a little style to it, and it didn't make her look like a boy like I was afraid of.





After we got our hair done, I wanted to get my nails taken off. I just don't have the time for the upkeep, and my nails grow really fast, so I have to get them filled every other week just so they are presentable. D'Laney was asleep so Cameron just dropped me off. He got back just as the paint on my real nails was drying and D'Laney was carrying a little plastic bag. When they got to my station, I saw it was from Circuit City and had the Apple logo on whatever was inside the bag. They had gone to Circuit City, which is closing, and Cameron got me an iPOD Nano!! It is awesome!! He got a Classic last year for Christmas, but we just now got around to messing with it. He said I was trying to take it over and he didn't want to fight over it, so he just got me my own. But he was just being sweet. He doesn't do things like that very often, or at all, so I was really surprised. I love that man.

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Bryan told me Circuit City was closing down and clearanced a whole bunch of stuff ... I love my ipod nano (great for audio books)!!