When you grow up in a small town, you get to know people from small towns around you. This seems especially true for the little communities that surround San Angelo. You compete against them in everything from football to academics to band, and then you see them in the mall on the weekends. Those you don't know well, you at least know their name (and usually who they're dating.)
Some of you may have seen some postings about the Joiner family on Facebook. These two were a few years younger than me, but I knew who they were. My brother and sister competed against them. I knew they were at A&M, so I looked up that newspaper to find out what happened. Here's what I found: http://www.theeagle.com/local/Siblings-shot-dead-in-CS
Please pray for these parents. And for Eldorado, that poor little community has been through the ringer the last couple years.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
another prayer request
at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
so totally small world...one of my pharmacist son's graduated from eldorado and went to school with these two. i hear about it cause the pharmacist son called him completely torn up. things are crazy right now to say the least. god has been taking care of us though and i pray that nothing more happens down here in san angelo or to any of the people around here.
Post a Comment