Monday, March 30, 2009

time for a new post

But there's not much to post about...

  • Cameron's been busy, which is great. They're about to kick off a new job that should last a pretty good while in Odessa, so no traveling for a while. He's also trying to quit dipping, again, but this time it's because he actually wants to. He's gone to the pouches and is trying to dip a little less each day. I'm really proud of him for trying to kick this habit, I hope he makes it.
  • D'Laney is beginning to show some terrible two signs. She will not obey, just refuses to do anything we tell her. Actually, it's more like she refuses not to do what we told her not to do. She'll pull all the books off the bookshelf, get a spanking, and then walk right back to them while still crying and pull them off again. She does that all day long, whatever she wants and when she gets in trouble she looks at you like, how dare you reprimand me? I know she's just testing us, and I'm proud of how strong we've been (most of the time,) but it's exhausting! It baffles me how she can be so ornery at such a young age.
  • It also baffles me, however, how she can be so sweet and affectionate at such a young age. I've never seen a child, of any age really, just walk up to you at random times and give a hug or kiss your leg (cause that's where she can reach.) She'll be sitting on the couch with us, lean into one of us with her cheek and make the mm-mmm sound you make when you hug someone. Lol, that make sense to anyone? Then grab your face and lay a big kiss right on your lips. She pats your back when you're carrying her, and loves to wrap her arms around her daddy's neck and squeeze as tight as she can... How can anyone stay aggravated at a child that sweet?
  • I have finally talked Cameron into taking family pictures. We haven't had any pics taken since our engagement, and we don't have any of the three of us. Keva is going to take some for us Easter weekend, at least that's the plan right now. I am so excited, even though I hate having my picture taken, I do want some good ones of D'Laney and I. Since I'm always the one behind the camera, there aren't any of the two of us. This is such a fun age (despite all that above) and Keva always takes great pictures. Did I mention I'm excited? This is also a motivation for me to quit lolly gagging and hit the gym. I've been working out consistently for a few weeks, but it's consistently only about once a week, which does not translate into results. Usually, if I just commit and do something, the weight comes off pretty quickly, so I've got 2 weeks to lose a little bit. I mostly want my face thinner for the pictures, and that's where I lose first, so 2 weeks should be enough time for that.
  • I finally have both of my cameras charging. They've been dead as a door nail for a few weeks now. So I will have some new pictures up shortly.

0 comments: