Saturday, March 7, 2009

soundtrack of my life

I saw this on facebook and thought it looked like fun.

We all have songs that remind us of certain times in our life. You'll hear a song and then *WHAM* you're taken back in time.
Here's what you do...think back to your senior year of high school. List 10 songs, then the memory that corresponds. Tag all your friends, especially the ones that you actually went to high school with, and see if the same memory has different songs, or the same song has different memories!
1. Alabama~Cross Canadian Ragweed
Lubbock basketball tourney, a van instead of a bus for some reason, and Coach Chitsey telling us to quit singing and get serious about the game!
2. Slave for You~Britney Spears
that whole album really, all the cheerleading stuff that summer
3. Road goes on forever~Robert Earl Keen
me and marlayna cruising around the parking lot during the cotton patch relays in my old blue truck, checking out all the guys from the other schools (mostly just looking for Renfro!)
4. Take me out to the dance hall~Pat Green
Rowena dances
5. She thinks my tractor's sexy~Kenny Chesney
It's Wall, the guys thought that was their theme song
6. I love it when you call me big poppa~ ???
I don't know if that's the name of the song, and I have no idea who sings it, but seeing Brian Woner on the mound with his "hands in the air, if you a true playa" was one of the funniest things I've ever seen!
7. Run~George Strait
Marylana, it still reminds me of Marlayna
8. Where were you when the world stopped turning~Alan Jackson
Remember where you were? I remember every single detail of that day and the few days that followed.
9.The Streak~Ray Stevens
Johnny Kissko, cross country, and that's all that needs to be said!
10. Ride that donkey~ I think that's what it was called, but I don't know who sang it
Prom

That was so hard! It was so long ago, but this was fun going back and reliving some of those times.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

about half would be on my album ...

JMMSchoenfield said...

Thanks for that Amy...haha funny! Whats sad is I still relate that song to the same thing too.