Last night went really well. I let D'Laney get good and tired, then put her in bed and sat on the floor beside her for a little while singing to her and rubbing her hair. I tried leaving a couple times and she'd fuss, so for a couple nights, I think I'll stay with her until she falls asleep. Because her room is upstairs and the stairs are right outside her door, and I don't want to shut her door so I can still hear her, I put a gate up in her door frame. When I put her down for her nap this morning, I just sat with her for a couple minutes and then came down stairs. She talked and played for a few minutes (not with any toys, I put everything in her room up where she can't reach it or in the closet with the door closed) and then the monitor got really quiet. I waited a little bit longer and then went up to check on her. She had fallen asleep on the floor with her blanket right in front of the gate. I guess she had been standing there waiting for me and just couldn't stay awake any longer. She has refused to nap this afternoon, but she's exhausted, so I just layed her down and left. She was out of bed before I made it to the stairs, but she's quiet right now, so maybe she'll go to sleep on her own again. I think it'll take several days before she'll get in bed and stay there until she falls asleep.
As for my first episode of the bachelor, I think I picked a bad one to start with. The staged kissing scenes didn't bother me so much, and the fact that Jason cries more than my toddler, although most of the time it did seem a little fake, really didn't turn me off, either. I don't care what ABC says, it all looked very rehearsed and scripted. Maybe not all of the seasons are like that, but if I had to go off of last night alone, I don't think I'll be tuning in again. I'm all about cheesy reality shows, but it just didn't hook me. I did LOVE Melissa's yellow dress though, and does she remind anyone else of a darker Jessica Simpson? Something about her mouth and the way she talks.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
toddler bed
at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, you did pick a bad episode to tune into! Ugh:(
I really liked Melissa's dress too!
Wow, D'Laney's in a big girl bed!! That's crazy!!
I don't watch the bachlor! I have watched ONE seaons of that ... and it was the only season that they have ever stayed together!! Ryan and Trista!! hehe
Post a Comment