Friday, March 20, 2009

Catching up

I'm getting bad about posting. I check this thing several times a day (I'm a little ashamed to admit) but it's always quickly and I think, oh, I'll post when D'Laney is napping, or while she's eating, or when she goes to bed.... There's so much to catch up on, I think I'll bullet things:


  • Cameron took me to a fancy schmancy Italian place for our anniversary last thursday. His steak was awesome, my alfredo was terrible! I don't know how you mess it up, but they did! I'm a bit of an alfredo connoisseur, and places have been dropping the ball here lately, so I've about decided to just learn to make my own. Cameron's mom and sister happened to be in town that day, and were coming back the next, so they took D'Laney home with them and we got the whole evening to ourselves. It was so nice to go out and eat a meal without having to make sure that the baby isn't making too big of a mess.

  • We met my folks in Bronte sunday for church then went to my grandparents house afterwards for the big Cauley March birthdays. There are 5 of us with birthdays this month on the Cauley side and 3 on the Deere, so it's almost like christmas. The Deere party was the weekend before, but we missed it because Cameron was coming home after having been gone for several weeks. Once you're grown, we really only do stuff for every "big" birthday, meaning every 5th one, and this was my 25th, so for this party I got to share all the fuss with Jordan, who turned 16 on the 7th. I got the last piece to a set of dishes I have, and some gift cards.

  • When we left sunday, we left without D'Laney. Since my parents had the week off for spring break, they wanted her to stay with them. It was a good time to do some painting that I have been planning in the house for almost a year now. The paint was mine and Cameron's birthday present from my folks, as well as keeping D'Laney while we did it.

  • Cameron was off all week (the oil field has been slow, keep us in your prayers!) so he and I attacked the kitchen and got it painted. And I hate it! The color on the walls is NOT the color I had picked out. It's a peachy, pinky, flesh color. We will definitely be redoing it, just not any time in the immediate future.

  • Tuesday I turned 25! And spent the day covered in paint, but I don't mind, I don't like alot of fuss anyway. I'm glad I finally hit that mark. For some reason, I've always felt that my age and my life didn't match up. I got married at 20, had a baby at 23, and have been a housewife since I was 22. Those ages just seem so young, so now that I'm officially closer to my 30s than my teens, it matches. I know I have a weird train of thought.

  • We met my mom and sister to pick up D'Laney in Sterling City last night. I think half the town was at the dairy queen (is it always like that, Shaunna?) It's good to have her home, we miss that little munchkin when she's gone. It's good we had so much to do, she's usually our entertainment, we'd have been really bored.

  • Well, that's about it. It seems like we've had so much going on, but when you itemize it like I just did, it doesn't seem like much. I noticed I've been neglecting my flashback fridays, and honestly didn't' even realize today was friday until late this afternoon. For today's edition, we'll flashback 25 years in honor of my quarter of a century on this earth, and of Easter being right around the corner. This is the youngest picture of me that I have, I think I was just a couple weeks old, I'm not sure when Easter was in '84. Aren't my parents cute?! And you talk about young! They were 22 and 24. Love the dark hose with the open toe white shoes, Momma!!

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

Oh, I love that picture! Your parents look too cute in their hats!!

And yes, the DQ is always pretty busy...It's just about the ONLY place in town to eat!!

A Teacher and Her Cowboy said...

the pic of your parents is cute. we were originally going to get married where they took this picture.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

LOve the picture!! heheh so cute!! Sorry about the bad paint color ... that sucks! I do not like to paint!! Happy belated b-day ... I thought about you!!! and I meant to message you, but I had the CRAZY orientation day!!!